The Actual News

Neutral summaries of your favorite news sources — just the facts.

AFL chief breaks silence over ‘deeply concerning’ Sydney Swans sexual assault allegations

AFL chief breaks silence over ‘deeply concerning’ Sydney Swans sexual assault allegations

Summary

The AFL is investigating sexual assault claims involving some Sydney Swans players after an incident at a Melbourne hotel. The police confirmed they are looking into the case, but no one has been charged or arrested yet.

Key Facts

  • Victorian police are investigating a reported sexual assault at Melbourne’s Pullman Hotel early Monday.
  • AFL CEO Andrew Dillon called the allegations “deeply concerning” and said the league is ready to take action.
  • The AFL can stand down players accused of illegal acts, but no players have been stood down so far.
  • Sydney Swans coach Dean Cox said updates will come as more information becomes available.
  • Four Sydney Swans players—Isaac Heeney, Chad Warner, James Jordon, and Riley Bice—were questioned by police but not confirmed to be directly involved.
  • The players had returned to the hotel after celebrating a win over Essendon.
  • AFL leadership emphasized the importance of responding appropriately to serious allegations regardless of the timing or impact on the sport.
  • The Swans have upcoming games and must name their team squad this week.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.

Save articles & personalize your feed — Create a free account