Diamondbacks President Takes Ketel Marte Beef Public
Summary
Arizona Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall spoke publicly about player Ketel Marte’s recent unexplained absence from the team. Marte missed a game and was placed on the restricted list while handling a personal issue and undergoing a knee MRI, but the full reason for his absence is still unclear.Key Facts
- Ketel Marte missed the Diamondbacks’ game on August 17 against the Boston Red Sox.
- Marte was placed on the restricted list, meaning he was not paid during his absence.
- Conflicting reports said Marte was either in Boston or Phoenix for a knee MRI.
- Marte’s agent said he is managing a personal matter and is optimistic about recovery.
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall said the team does not know the full reason for Marte’s absence.
- The team’s general manager requested a meeting with Marte to discuss the situation.
- Marte had been on the restricted list for two days in July 2025 to tend to a personal matter.
- Arizona’s manager said Marte gave some notice last year but none this time.
Read the Full Article
This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.