The Actual News

Neutral summaries of your favorite news sources — just the facts.

Diamondbacks, Ketel Marte Reach Temporary Resolution

Diamondbacks, Ketel Marte Reach Temporary Resolution

Summary

Ketel Marte, a player for the Arizona Diamondbacks, was placed on the restricted list earlier this week but is now officially out due to a knee injury. The team will move him to the injured list so he can be paid while he recovers, though Marte is also dealing with an unspecified personal issue.

Key Facts

  • Marte was placed on the restricted list just before a game on August 17.
  • The Diamondbacks moved Marte to the 10-day injured list on August 22 because of a knee injury.
  • Players on the restricted list do not get paid, but those on the injured list do.
  • Marte met with the team's general manager after the Diamondbacks’ president publicly expressed disappointment over Marte’s absence.
  • Marte’s agent said he is managing a personal matter and will have an MRI on his knee.
  • This is the second year in a row Marte has been placed on the restricted list by the Diamondbacks.
  • Past issues included a home burglary during the 2025 All-Star break, which affected his playing time.
  • Former pitcher Archie Bradley said Marte’s absence is likely due to a serious personal issue rather than just missing games.
Read the Full Article

This is a fact-based summary from The Actual News. Click below to read the complete story directly from the original source.

Save articles & personalize your feed — Create a free account