Neutral summaries of your favorite news sources — just the facts.
Your favorite news sources, one neutral feed — we distill their reporting into fact-first
summaries and always link to the original story. How it works
Sports News
Sports news, scores, and analysis from around the world
Shams Charania leaked that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander won the NBA MVP award before the official announcement on Amazon Prime Video. Charles Barkley criticized the leak, saying it was unfair to the network that paid a large amount for exclusive rights.
Key Facts
The 2025-26 NBA MVP award was announced on Sunday night on Amazon Prime Video.
Shams Charania revealed Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as the MVP earlier that morning.
This was Gilgeous-Alexander's second consecutive MVP award.
The leak caused controversy as it spoiled the official announcement.
Charles Barkley spoke out against the leak on the "SI Media" podcast.
Barkley noted that the network paid $2.5 billion for 11 years of rights to NBA content.
Charania said his job is to report news and he verifies his stories before sharing.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and the Oklahoma City Thunder tied their Western Conference Finals series 1-1 against the San Antonio Spurs.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow said his team will win the Super Bowl this season. ESPN commentator Mike Wilbon disagreed, saying the Bengals are unlikely to be the top team in their division.
Key Facts
Joe Burrow promised the Bengals will win the Super Bowl this season.
The Bengals have not made the playoffs in four years.
Burrow says this is the most talented Bengals roster since he joined.
The team added experienced players with a strong work ethic.
ESPN’s Mike Wilbon doubts the Bengals will be division favorites.
The Bengals start their 2026 season at home against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Conor McGregor will return to fight Max Holloway on July 11 at UFC 329 in a welterweight match (170 pounds). This fight is a rematch of their 2013 bout, which McGregor won by decision, and it marks McGregor’s first fight since 2021.
Key Facts
Conor McGregor has been away from fighting for about five years.
McGregor’s comeback fight will be during International Fight Week at UFC 329.
His opponent is Max Holloway, who has been actively fighting at a high level.
Holloway has notable wins over Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje.
Holloway lost recent title fights to Ilia Topuria and Charles Oliveira.
McGregor’s last fight in July 2021 ended after he broke his tibia and fibula.
Holloway said it was hard to keep the fight secret before it was officially announced.
Holloway is happy to fight at 170 pounds, a weight class that lets him avoid tough dieting.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
LeBron James praised Victor Wembanyama, a 7-foot-4 French basketball player, for his unique skills and strong basketball IQ. Wembanyama has been a key player for the San Antonio Spurs during their recent playoff games against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Key Facts
LeBron James called Wembanyama a one-of-a-kind player with abilities not seen before in the NBA.
James noted Wembanyama’s serious attitude and strong understanding of the game.
Wembanyama plays for the San Antonio Spurs, a team with a history of great players like David Robinson and Tim Duncan.
In Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, Wembanyama scored 41 points and had 24 rebounds in a double-overtime win.
He was named the NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year by unanimous vote.
In Game 2, Wembanyama had 21 points, 17 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 blocks, but the Spurs lost the game.
The playoff series between the Spurs and Thunder is tied 1-1 and will continue in San Antonio with Game 3.
Game 3 is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Arsenal won the Premier League title for the first time in 22 years after Manchester City drew with Bournemouth. Arsenal's coach, Mikel Arteta, learned about the win from his son while having a barbecue at home. Arsenal will play Paris St-Germain in the Champions League final and have a title parade planned.
Key Facts
Arsenal secured the Premier League title after Manchester City drew 1-1 with Bournemouth.
Mikel Arteta did not watch the title-deciding match but was at home barbecuing.
Arteta's son told him "We are champions, Daddy" after the win.
Arteta called Bournemouth’s manager Andoni Iraola, a childhood friend, to congratulate him.
Iraola will leave Bournemouth at the end of the season.
Arsenal will face Paris St-Germain in the Champions League final on May 30 in Budapest.
Arsenal’s title parade is planned for the day after the Champions League final.
Arteta wants to celebrate with fans and aims to win two trophies this season.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a basketball player for the Oklahoma City Thunder, clarified a confusing comment he made about Isaiah Hartenstein's defense after a recent game. He said he initially misunderstood the question but later praised Hartenstein’s physical and important role in the team.
Key Facts
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is the point guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
During a postgame interview, he gave an unclear comment about Isaiah Hartenstein’s defense.
Gilgeous-Alexander later explained he misheard the question and corrected his answer.
Isaiah Hartenstein played more minutes in Game 2 than Game 1 and had 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Gilgeous-Alexander described Hartenstein as the team’s physical presence and backbone.
The Oklahoma City Thunder is tied 1-1 with the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.
The next games will be played at the Spurs’ home arena in San Antonio.
Game 3 is scheduled for Friday at 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The Oklahoma City Thunder tied their Western Conference Finals series 1-1 by beating the San Antonio Spurs. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 30 points, but teammate Jalen Williams left the game early with a hamstring injury and did not return.
Key Facts
Oklahoma City Thunder won 122-113 against San Antonio Spurs in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander scored 30 points and made nine assists.
Jalen Williams left the game due to hamstring tightness with 7:18 left in the first quarter and did not return.
Williams had missed six playoff games earlier due to a Grade 1 hamstring strain and had just returned for Game 1.
Thunder coach Mark Daigneault said Williams would get an MRI to check his injury.
Williams was the team’s second-best scorer in the starting lineup this season.
Ajay Mitchell helped fill in for Williams during the game with good contributions.
The series is now tied 1-1, with Game 3 scheduled in San Antonio on Friday night.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Aaron Rai won the PGA Championship by three shots. After this, he and seven other golfers decided not to play in the upcoming CJ Cup Byron Nelson tournament. Their withdrawals allowed other players to enter the tournament.
Key Facts
Aaron Rai won the PGA Championship with a strong finish.
Rai and seven other players withdrew from the CJ Cup Byron Nelson tournament.
Nicolai Hojgaard and Marco Penge withdrew on May 16.
Michael Kim and Webb Simpson withdrew on May 17.
Trey Mullinax also withdrew, allowing Luke List to join.
Aldrich Potgieter, Andrew Putnam, and Aaron Rai withdrew on May 18.
The field expanded to allow three players per group, letting Scott Piercy and Ryan Palmer join.
Four players qualified through open qualifiers to enter the tournament.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Stephon Castle scored 25 points in a Game 2 loss for the San Antonio Spurs but also made 9 turnovers, leading to criticism. Over two playoff games, he has a total of 19 turnovers, setting an NBA playoff record for the most turnovers in a two-game stretch.
Key Facts
Stephon Castle scored 25 points with 10-of-17 shooting in Game 2 versus Oklahoma City Thunder.
Castle added 8 assists, 5 rebounds, and 1 steal in that game.
The Spurs lost Game 2 with a score of 122-113.
The team had 21 turnovers in Game 2, with Castle responsible for 9.
Castle has 19 turnovers across the first two games of the Western Conference Finals, the highest two-game total in NBA playoff history.
Castle is in his second NBA season and first major playoff appearance.
D'Aaron Fox, the Spurs' usual main ball-handler, missed the first two games due to injury.
The playoff series is tied 1-1 as it moves back to San Antonio for Game 3.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Florida basketball player Rueben Chinyelu decided to return to the Florida Gators for his senior year. He made this choice after removing his name from the NBA draft.
Key Facts
Rueben Chinyelu plays basketball for the Florida Gators.
He initially entered the NBA draft process.
Chinyelu later withdrew his name from the draft.
He will play one more season with the Gators.
This upcoming season will be his senior year in college basketball.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Kam Mercer, a top-10 ranked high school sophomore, has committed to play college basketball at the University of Cincinnati. He also plans to reclassify to graduate earlier, moving from the 2028 to the 2027 class.
Key Facts
Kam Mercer is a highly ranked high school basketball player.
He is currently a sophomore in high school.
Mercer has chosen to attend the University of Cincinnati for college basketball.
He plans to reclassify to the 2027 graduating class.
Reclassifying means he will finish high school and start college a year earlier than expected.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The Kansas City Chiefs made only a few changes in the offseason, mainly adding running back Kenneth Walker. They focused on defense in the draft but did not add a strong new wide receiver, which some experts believe is a mistake. The team’s passing game may rely too much on quarterback Patrick Mahomes and a few key receivers.
Key Facts
The Chiefs signed running back Kenneth Walker as their most notable free agent addition.
They added safety Alohi Gilman, defensive tackle Khyiris Tonga, and cornerback Kaiir Elam in free agency.
The Chiefs used their first four draft picks on defensive players, including Mansoor Delane and Peter Woods.
Experts say the team missed an opportunity by not adding a top wide receiver to help Patrick Mahomes.
Tight end Travis Kelce and wide receiver Tyquan Thornton were re-signed, but Marquise Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster left the team.
Receiver Rashee Rice faces legal issues and may not be available, increasing pressure on other wide receivers.
Cyrus Allen was the only receiver drafted; Jeff Caldwell, an undrafted player, has shown potential.
The Chiefs rely heavily on Mahomes and key receivers to perform well despite a thin group of pass catchers.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Tim Howard, a former goalkeeper for the United States Men’s National Soccer Team, is involved in a cancer awareness partnership called “One Save Changes Everything.” He spoke about how teamwork in cancer care is similar to being part of a sports team and shared memories of his record-setting performance in the 2014 World Cup.
Key Facts
Tim Howard played as a goalkeeper for the US Men’s National Team and in the Premier League with Everton.
He appeared in over 120 games for the USMNT, including starting in the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
Howard partnered with BeOne Medicines for their “One Save Changes Everything” campaign focused on cancer awareness.
The campaign is personal to Howard because his grandfather had prostate cancer.
Howard compared the teamwork needed in cancer care to the teamwork on a sports team.
On June 1, 2014, Howard set a World Cup record with 16 saves in a single match against Belgium.
Howard recalled that game as a blur and didn’t realize at the time he had made so many saves.
He emphasized the importance of small, everyday efforts in cancer treatment and research.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The Detroit Lions have signed linebacker Jack Campbell to a new four-year contract extension. This agreement keeps Campbell with the team until the end of the 2030 season.
Key Facts
Jack Campbell is a linebacker for the Detroit Lions.
The Lions extended his contract by four years.
The new contract will keep him on the team through the 2030 season.
Campbell has earned All-Pro honors, recognizing him as one of the best players at his position.
The extension shows the team's commitment to Campbell as a key player.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Manuel Neuer has returned from international retirement to be Germany’s starting goalkeeper for the upcoming World Cup. Germany’s coach Julian Nagelsmann chose Neuer over Oliver Baumann and included a 26-man squad aimed at winning the tournament.
Key Facts
Manuel Neuer, 40 years old, is Germany’s first-choice goalkeeper for the World Cup.
Neuer had retired from international football after Euro 2024 but agreed to come back.
This will be Neuer’s fifth consecutive World Cup, a rare achievement.
Neuer won the World Cup with Germany in 2014.
Germany’s coach is Julian Nagelsmann, who had previously favored Oliver Baumann as the starting keeper.
The squad includes 26 players with a mix of experienced and young talents like Lennart Karl and Leroy Sane.
Germany is in Group E with Curacao, Ecuador, and Ivory Coast.
Germany aims to win their fifth World Cup title after early exits in 2018 and 2022.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Only three UK police officers will travel to the US for the 2026 World Cup to support England fans, as American authorities will not fund a larger British police presence. Over 10,000 England supporters are expected at each group match in Dallas, Boston, and New Jersey, despite ticket and travel costs being high.
Key Facts
The UK is sending just three police officers to the US for the World Cup, down from 40 sent to Germany in 2024.
The US will not fund UK police officers, unlike Germany, which paid for their officials in 2024.
More than 10,000 England fans have bought tickets for each of the three group games in Dallas, Boston, and New Jersey.
Police in the UK believe having more officers ("spotters") helps manage fan behavior and communicate with local police.
The US has many law enforcement agencies, but less experience with football fan culture compared to Europe.
The Football Supporters’ Association says the high cost of tickets and travel may have limited the number of fans attending.
UK police expressed concern over relaxed pub licensing laws during the tournament, believing it could increase risks.
The official England Supporters Club expects 3,000 to 4,000 fans at each match.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Senegal’s coach Pape Thiaw has named a 28-player squad for the World Cup, including star forward Sadio Mane and defender Kalidou Koulibaly. Senegal will compete in Group I and begin their tournament against France on June 16 in New Jersey.
Key Facts
Senegal’s 28-man World Cup squad was announced by coach Pape Thiaw.
Sadio Mane, the team’s top scorer, is included after missing the last World Cup due to injury.
The squad combines experienced players like Mane and Koulibaly with younger talent.
Senegal will play in Group I with matches against France, Norway, and Iraq.
The first group match is on June 16 in New Jersey, USA.
Senegal reached the World Cup quarterfinals in 2002, their best result so far.
The squad list must be trimmed by two players before the final submission deadline.
Key players include goalkeeper Edouard Mendy and forwards Nicolas Jackson, Iliman Ndiaye, and Ismaila Sarr.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The Afghanistan women's refugee cricket team will tour England in June 2025 to play matches and train. This team was formed after many players fled Afghanistan following the Taliban's ban on women’s sports.
Key Facts
Over 20 members of the Afghanistan women's cricket team have lived in exile in Australia since 2021.
The Taliban's return to power in Afghanistan banned women from participating in sports.
The refugee team played its first match in Melbourne in January 2025.
The team will play T20 cricket matches and attend the T20 World Cup final in England.
The England and Wales Cricket Board sees the tour as culturally and sportingly important.
The International Cricket Council created a taskforce and fund to support displaced Afghan female cricketers.
The ICC requires full member countries, including Afghanistan, to have a women's team, but Afghanistan’s women’s team cannot currently compete internationally from their home country.
Afghan players want the ICC to allow the exiled women to represent Afghanistan like FIFA has done for women's football.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.