Neutral summaries of your favorite news sources — just the facts.
Your favorite news sources, one neutral feed — we distill their reporting into fact-first
summaries and always link to the original story. How it works
World News
Comprehensive coverage of international news and global events
A 44-year-old man was arrested in London for pushing a woman into the path of a bus in a 2017 incident on Putney Bridge. The woman narrowly avoided injury when the bus driver swerved to miss her. The police had closed the case in 2018 but reopened it after a play about the incident encouraged people to come forward.
Key Facts
The incident happened on May 5, 2017, on Putney Bridge in south-west London.
A woman was pushed into the path of a moving bus by a man jogging on the bridge.
The bus driver avoided hitting the woman by quickly steering the bus away.
The man suspected of pushing her was arrested nine years later at his £1.4 million home.
The police had previously interviewed 50 men and arrested three suspects before closing the case.
The incident inspired a play called Once Upon a Bridge, which told the story from the viewpoints of the runner, victim, and bus driver.
The play’s debut in 2024 motivated the police to reopen the investigation.
People with information about the case are being urged to contact the police.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz and National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir said Israel will not give up land it took in Lebanon. This statement came after the U.S. and Iran reached a deal to extend a ceasefire. Ben-Gvir also said that the agreement made by President Trump does not affect Israel’s decision.
Key Facts
Israel controls land that it seized from Lebanon.
The U.S. and Iran recently agreed to extend a ceasefire, or a pause in fighting.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz confirmed Israel will keep the land it took.
National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir publicly rejected the impact of the U.S.-Iran deal on Israel’s actions.
Ben-Gvir used the social platform X to share his statement.
The statement was translated from another language to English.
Israel’s leaders are not changing their position despite international agreements.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
After more than 100 days of disruption, a US-Iran peace deal announced by President Trump aims to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, allowing oil and gas tankers to pass again. While oil prices dropped, experts say it will take months for oil and gas supplies to return to normal levels due to damaged facilities and logistical challenges.
Key Facts
The Strait of Hormuz has been closed or disrupted for over 100 days, affecting global energy supplies.
President Trump confirmed a peace deal with Iran that would lead to reopening the strait.
Brent crude oil prices fell from $126 to around $83 a barrel after the announcement.
The reopening could help avoid the worst economic effects predicted during the crisis.
Oil and gas exports may take until the end of the year or longer to return to pre-crisis levels.
Damage from Iranian drone strikes slowed gas production in Qatar, hurting global LNG supplies.
Restarting oilfields in Iraq and Kuwait will also delay full recovery of Gulf oil exports.
Safe passage for tankers depends on mine removal, insurance availability, and repair of production facilities.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
A BBC investigation found that arson attacks on properties linked to UK Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer were part of a campaign organized by Russian agents. A young Russian diplomat allegedly directed these attacks remotely through social media to create chaos in the UK.
Key Facts
Several arson attacks targeted property connected to UK Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer.
The BBC found evidence that these attacks were part of a Russian state-backed sabotage campaign.
A Ukrainian man, Roman Lavrynovych, was recruited and paid by a handler, identified as a young Russian diplomat named Evgeny Lyukshin.
Lyukshin allegedly used social media and messaging apps like Telegram to direct these attacks and spread lies.
The campaign included creating fake online far-right and Muslim groups to cause division and fear in the UK.
Two men were convicted for conspiring to commit arson, while a third was acquitted.
The Russian embassy denied involvement and rejected any connection to illegal activities in the UK.
The arson attacks included burning a car once owned by Starmer and fires at entrances to buildings linked to him.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
President Trump is traveling to Europe this week to attend the G7 Summit. At the same time, the U.S. and Iran are expected to sign a deal on Friday, but experts warn not to confuse this deal with complete agreement among G7 leaders.
Key Facts
President Trump will participate in the G7 Summit in Europe this week.
The United States and Iran are expected to sign a new deal on Friday.
Matthias Matthijs, an expert on Europe, provided analysis on this situation.
Experts caution that the Iran deal does not mean full harmony among the G7 countries.
The G7 Summit is a meeting of seven major advanced economies to discuss global issues.
The Iran deal is a separate diplomatic agreement from the G7 discussions.
The deal may have complex effects that need careful attention.
CBS News covered the expert’s perspective on this topic.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Former President Barack Obama expressed doubt that the new deal between the U.S. and Iran would be much different from the 2015 nuclear agreement his administration made. The deal, announced by President Trump, aims to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end the U.S. naval blockade, but details are still unclear.
Key Facts
President Trump announced a deal with Iran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end the naval blockade.
The deal reportedly includes dismantling Iran’s nuclear program and giving the U.S. control of Iran’s highly enriched uranium.
The 2015 Iran nuclear deal was created under President Obama’s administration but ended when President Trump withdrew the U.S. in 2018.
Obama said he is doubtful the new deal will be significantly better or different than the 2015 agreement.
Obama hopes the fighting in the region will stop and encourages diplomacy instead of military action.
Earlier in 2026, President Trump ordered joint U.S.-Israeli strikes against Iran’s military and infrastructure.
Iran confirmed the new deal and plans to sign it in Switzerland soon.
Obama spoke about this in a June 13 interview on “Good Morning America.”
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
A man known as the "Spider-Man of Yemen" died after falling into a volcanic crater while climbing without safety gear. Rescuers carried out a dangerous operation to recover his body from the crater.
Key Facts
The climber's name was Al-Qaqa Ibn Antar, aged 30.
He was a social media personality famous for free climbing and stunts.
He fell into the Hardah Dam volcanic crater in southwest Yemen.
The crater is about 120 meters wide with a hot sulfur lake at the bottom.
Rescuers from Yemen's Civil Defence Authority performed a difficult rescue to retrieve his body.
Divers found the body about 30 meters underwater inside the crater.
The rescue team was praised and promoted for their difficult work in harsh conditions.
The Hardah Dam crater has become a tourist attraction in the region.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Pakistan played a key role in helping the United States and Iran reach a peace agreement after more than 100 days of conflict. Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said Pakistan’s military chief, Field Marshal Asim Munir, worked hard to keep talks alive, leading to a deal to stop fighting and reopen key shipping routes.
Key Facts
Pakistan helped mediate an agreement to end the war between the US and Iran lasting over 100 days.
Field Marshal Asim Munir, Pakistan’s military chief, was heavily involved in keeping the negotiations ongoing.
The deal calls for an immediate and permanent stop to military actions, including in Lebanon.
The US will lift its naval blockade on Iran and withdraw forces near Iran within 30 days.
The Strait of Hormuz, a key waterway, will reopen for normal shipping.
Iran's frozen assets, about $24 billion, are to be gradually released over 60 days of further talks.
Discussions on Iran’s missile program and armed groups were removed from the immediate agenda.
The deal is set to be officially signed at a ceremony in Geneva hosted by Pakistan.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
President Donald Trump announced that a deal between the United States and Iran is finished and expected to be signed soon. However, there are still disagreements about important details needed to fully end the conflict.
Key Facts
President Trump said the U.S.-Iran deal is complete.
The deal is expected to be signed later this week.
There are conflicting reports about key issues in the agreement.
The deal aims to help end the ongoing war.
News reporter Nancy Cordes covered the story for CBS News.
Details about the disagreements in the deal have not been clearly resolved.
The article focuses on international relations between the U.S. and Iran.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
President Trump is traveling to France for the G7 summit. Meanwhile, the United States and Iran have announced a preliminary deal that will reopen the Strait of Hormuz after being signed in Geneva, but discussions about Iran’s nuclear program will continue for 60 more days.
Key Facts
President Trump is attending the G7 summit in France.
The U.S. and Iran reached a preliminary agreement announced on Sunday.
The deal will reopen the Strait of Hormuz starting Friday once signed in Geneva.
The Strait of Hormuz is a key waterway for global oil shipments.
More difficult issues, especially Iran’s nuclear program, will be negotiated over the next 60 days.
The agreement is still under careful review by many countries and experts.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The article discusses the challenges facing traditional news media today. It emphasizes the need for public support to maintain a free and independent press.
Key Facts
Traditional news media face significant difficulties in the current environment.
Journalists require support from the public to continue their work.
Maintaining press freedom is important for a healthy society.
The article warns against idealizing the work of legacy media without recognizing its issues.
Press freedom is under pressure in many parts of the world today.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The United States and Iran are planning to sign a deal in Switzerland to stop all military actions permanently and start technical discussions. At the same time, President Donald Trump will attend the G7 Summit, a meeting of seven major world economies.
Key Facts
The U.S. and Iran will sign a deal in Switzerland on Friday.
The deal aims to permanently stop military operations "on all fronts."
After the deal, technical talks will begin between the two countries.
The G7 Summit, where leaders from seven major countries meet, starts this week.
President Donald Trump is scheduled to attend the G7 Summit.
The news includes commentary on claims about stockpile shortages, which are disputed by Hegseth.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Swiss voters narrowly rejected a proposal to limit the country's population to 10 million people by 2050. The proposal, put forward by the Swiss People's Party, aimed to stop population growth mainly driven by immigration.
Key Facts
The vote took place in Switzerland on Sunday.
About 55% of voters said no to the population cap proposal.
The proposal was from the Swiss People's Party, a hard-right political group.
Switzerland’s current population is about 9.1 million.
The plan was to keep the population below 10 million before the year 2050.
The proposal raised concerns about causing problems or "chaos" if enforced.
The vote was closely watched because it related to immigration and population growth.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
President Donald Trump said he was upset with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for attacking Lebanon during a time when the U.S. was trying to finish talks with Iran. Trump expressed his frustration in a recent interview with Axios.
Key Facts
President Trump talked about being angry with Prime Minister Netanyahu for military strikes in Lebanon.
The strikes happened while the U.S. was negotiating with Iran.
Trump questioned why Netanyahu chose to attack at that moment.
The comments were made during a phone interview with Axios.
The timing of the attack affected U.S. efforts to end talks with Iran.
Netanyahu is the leader of Israel.
President Trump is involved in foreign policy decisions about Iran.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has reached 782 confirmed cases and 178 deaths, with a record 72 new cases reported in one day. The outbreak is caused by the Bundibugyo virus strain, which lacks a vaccine or approved treatment, and efforts to control the disease are challenged by regional conflict, patient escapes, and reduced contact tracing.
Key Facts
The DRC Ministry of Public Health reported 72 new Ebola cases and 29 deaths in one day, the highest daily increase yet.
Total confirmed cases are 782, with 178 deaths and 40 patients recovered.
The outbreak is linked to the Bundibugyo virus strain, which has about a 23% death rate and no approved vaccine or treatment.
Contact tracing has dropped to 56.5%, far below the 95% target needed for effective control.
The outbreak’s center is in Ituri province, responsible for nearly 95% of cases, but it has spread to North Kivu, South Kivu, and into Uganda.
Ongoing armed conflict and instability in the region make medical efforts harder.
Thousands of miners in remote areas create transmission hotspots that health workers struggle to monitor.
The World Health Organization is increasing testing and surveillance, but a $21.5 million funding gap limits response actions.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
President Donald Trump announced a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and ease tensions with Iran through a memorandum of understanding (MOU). The agreement aims to stop conflict and resume shipping but has faced criticism from U.S. and Israeli leaders who say it favors Iran and may not address key issues about nuclear programs and sanctions.
Key Facts
The deal is a 14-point plan aimed at temporarily reducing violence and increasing maritime traffic through the Strait of Hormuz.
The U.S. would lift its blockade of Iranian ports while detailed talks on Iran’s nuclear program and sanctions continue over 60 days.
Israeli officials criticize the deal, saying it excludes Israel and endangers the region.
Democratic Senator Chris Murphy called the deal “essentially surrender” to Iran, concerned it gives Iran access to frozen U.S. funds without strong conditions.
Experts warn the MOU lacks clear details and may lead to misunderstandings or fail without further agreements.
Iran’s Supreme Leader may prefer limited deals rather than comprehensive agreements, complicating future negotiations.
The final control and security of the Strait of Hormuz remain unresolved.
An official signing of the agreement was expected in Switzerland on Friday.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
A plane carrying eleven skydivers and a pilot crashed shortly after takeoff in Butler, Missouri. All twelve people on board died in the accident. A witness described the crash as unsurvivable.
Key Facts
The crash happened in Butler, Missouri.
The plane had eleven skydivers and one pilot on board.
The plane crashed just after taking off.
Everyone on the plane died in the crash.
A witness saw the crash and said no one could have survived.
Authorities are investigating the cause of the crash.
The incident was reported by CBS News.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
The UK government announced a ban on social media use for children under 16 on platforms like Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and X. The ban does not include messaging apps WhatsApp or Signal.
Key Facts
The social media ban targets children under the age of 16 in the UK.
Platforms affected include Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and X.
WhatsApp and Signal are excluded from the ban.
The government consulted parents, and nine out of ten supported the ban.
The announcement was made by the UK Prime Minister.
The move aims to protect young people from potential harm on social media.
The ban is part of broader discussions on online safety for children.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Experts say the chance of someone bringing Ebola to the 2026 World Cup in the US is very low, but hospitals are ready to respond if it happens. Since a 2014 Ebola case in the US, the country has improved its preparedness with special centers and trained staff to handle such outbreaks.
Key Facts
The 2026 World Cup takes place in the US, Mexico, and Canada, with 6.5 million fans expected.
The risk of Ebola at the event is very low because Ebola does not spread through casual contact but requires direct contact with body fluids.
The US has 13 specialized Ebola treatment centers and has trained thousands of healthcare workers since 2015.
Past Ebola outbreaks, like the 2014 case in Dallas, led to increased US funding ($260 million) for preparedness.
The US, Mexico, and Canada have airport screenings and travel bans for travelers from countries with Ebola outbreaks.
The World Cup host cities have prepared for various diseases including Ebola, COVID-19, measles, and mosquito-borne illnesses like malaria.
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola outbreak still exists, but the risk to World Cup visitors is very low.
The DRC national football team trained in Belgium before traveling to the US to comply with travel restrictions.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.
Marius Borg Hoiby, the son of Norway’s Crown Princess Mette-Marit, was sentenced to four years in prison for two counts of rape and multiple other crimes. He was found guilty after a trial involving the sexual assault of four women between 2018 and 2024, and he can appeal the sentence.
Key Facts
Marius Borg Hoiby was convicted of two rapes and acquitted of two others.
He faced a total of 40 criminal charges, including assault, drug-related offenses, and breaking a restraining order.
The assaults happened while the victims were asleep or unable to resist.
Prosecutors wanted a sentence of over seven years; his defense asked for acquittal on rape charges.
Hoiby is the eldest son of Crown Princess Mette-Marit but has no royal title or public role.
He was not in court due to health reasons and watched the verdict via video from prison.
The case received wide international attention because of Hoiby’s connection to the royal family.
The trial took place during renewed attention on the royal family after the princess’s past links to Jeffrey Epstein.
Read the Original
Want the full story? Tap a source to open the original
article.